Creamy Fruit SaladThis recipe is rich in vitamin A and vitamin C (plus some calcium from the yogurt and some vitamin E if you use the almonds).
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe or mango
- 1/2 cup (or a 6-ounce container) lemon or vanilla low-fat yogurt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped or sliced roasted almonds, or reduced-fat granola (optional
1. Toss yogurt with fruit in medium-size bowl. Top with cinnamon.
2. Sprinkle with chopped or sliced almonds or reduced-fat granola, if desired.
Per serving: 115 calories, 4 g protein, 24 g carbohydrate, 1.2 g fat (0.5 g saturated fat, 0.3 g monounsaturated fat, 0.2 g polyunsaturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 44 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 9%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter