Veggie Fingers Platter (aka Monster Fingers and Green Goblin Goo)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- About 10 pitted black olives (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1 cup celery sticks (and/or 1 cup lightly micro-cooked and chilled asparagus spears if desired)
- 1/4 cup almond slices
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup jicama sticks
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup bottled light ranch dressing (i.e. Light Done Right®)
- 5 drops (add more if desired) green food coloring
1. Glue a black olive half onto each baby carrot using cream cheese as the glue. Arrange on serving plate.
2. Glue an almond slice onto each celery stick or asparagus spear using cream cheese as the glue. Arrange on serving plate with the carrot fingers.
3. Glue a large dried cranberry onto each jicama stick using cream cheese as the glue. Arrange them on the serving plate with the rest of the monster fingers.
4. Add the ranch dressing to a dip bowl. Serve it with the veggie fingers!
Per serving: 95 calories, 3 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 5.5 g fat, 3 g fiber, 216 mg sodium.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.