Appetizers & Snacks
Curried Chicken Finger Tea Sandwiches
- 2 roasted boneless and skinless chicken breasts, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder (depending on taste)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 slices whole-wheat or multigrain bread
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into slices
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
1. Put chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon, and curry powder into large food processor bowl and pulse until nicely blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Spread chicken mixture on four slices of bread. Place avocado slices on top of chicken and top with sprouts. Cover with remaining bread slices. Trim crusts with serrated knife, and cut each sandwich into quarters on the diagonal.
3. Serve immediately or cover well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
8 servings (2 sandwiches per serving).
Per serving: 198 calories, 15 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 7 g fat, 1.6 g saturated fat, 32 mg cholesterol, 3.3 g fiber, 245 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 33%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter