Cakes, Cookies and Other Desserts
Sweet Potato Praline Pie Recipe
- 1 cup All-Bran® Cereal, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- pinch cloves
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1 scant cup milk, 2% low-fat
- PRALINE SAUCE
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 cup coffee
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
1. Combine first three ingredients, press into bottom and sides of 9-inch pie tin lightly sprayed with nonstick spray (easiest to do with dampened hands).
2. Bake in 400-degree oven for 10 minutes.
3. Mix sweet potatoes in electric mixer for 5 minutes until smooth.
4. Add sugars, spices and eggs, mix to blend.
5. At low speed add milk until well blended.
6. Pour into prepared shell and bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted into filling comes out clean (center may be soft but will set when cool).
7. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into 10 wedges per pie. Serve with Praline sauce, below.
1. In saucepan combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
2. Stir in coffee. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
3. Stir in 1 teaspoon butter until melted.
4. Stir in pecans.
5. Serve warm with Sweet Potato Praline Pie, approximately 5 teaspoons per serving.
Per serving: Calories 198, fat 6 g, protein 3 g, carbohydrates 35 g, cholesterol 47 mg, sodium 43 mg.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter