Cranberry Apple Crisp Recipe
- 5 cups pared, sliced tart apples (about 6 medium apples)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
3. Layer apples and cranberries in pan sprinkling with sugar as you layer.
4. Topping: Mix flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
5. Work in butter until light and crumbly.
6. Sprinkle topping evenly over apples and cranberries.
7. Bake 45 minutes or until apples are tender.
Per serving: Calories 210, protein 1g, fat 6 g, calories from fat 25%, carbohydrates 39 g, cholesterol 15 mg, fiber 3 g, sodium 64 mg.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter