Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- 6 medium Idaho potatoes
- 3 stalks broccoli
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Scrub potatoes.
3. Make shallow slits around the middle as if you were cutting the potatoes in half lengthwise.
4. Bake until done 30 to 60 minutes, depending on size.
5. Peel broccoli stems.
6. Steam whole stalks just until tender and chop finely.
7. Carefully slice the potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a bowl with the broccoli.
8. Add milk, 3/4 cup cheese and pepper. Mash together until the mixture is pale green with dark green flecks.
9. Heap into the potato jackets and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
10. Return to oven to heat through (about 15 minutes).
Per potato: Calories 274, fat, 7.5 g, calories from fat 24%, fiber 4.4 g, cholesterol 22 mg, sodium, 516 mg, protein 9.9 g.
SOURCE: 5 A Day recipe.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.