- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup macaroni or rotini
- 1 tablespoon flour (for sauce)
- 1 tablespoon margarine (for sauce)
- 1 cup skim milk (for sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil (for sauce)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (for sauce)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (for sauce)
1. Steam vegetables until tender-crisp.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
3. In a small saucepan, melt margarine, blend in flour.
4. Gradually stir in milk and seasoning. (Do not add cheese at this time).
5. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
6. Remove from heat and blend in cheese.
7. Pour over hot vegetables.
8. Add macaroni and mix together.
Per serving: calories 433, fat 9 g, calories from fat 19%, cholesterol 7 mg, fiber 6 g, sodium 281 mg.
SOURCE: From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Updated 20.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter