Cranberry Vegetable Risotto
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup diced asparagus
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Grease a medium casserole dish.
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook over medium heat until soft.
4. Add rice; cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add broth; bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in remaining ingredients, except Parmesan cheese.
7. Pour mixture into casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately.
Per serving: Calories 323, protein 8 g, fat 7 g, calories from fat 20%, carbohydrates 57 g, cholesterol 17 mg, fiber 4 g, sodium 233 mg.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter