Black Beans with Corn and Tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium, no fat added black beans
- 1 cup cut tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 clove garlic, pureed or roasted
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
1. Drain and rinse beans.
2. In a bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, and garlic.
3. Add parsley, pepper, and chili powder.
4. Combine and serve.
Per serving: Calories 260, fat 2 g, calories from fat 7%, cholesterol 0 mg, fiber 8 g, sodium 430 mg, protein 10 g.
SOURCE: National Cancer Institute.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter