Tropical Fruit SaladBring a taste of the tropics to your fruit salad with this recipe.
- 20-ounce can pineapple chunks canned in juice
- 2 kiwi, peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 papaya or mango, peeled and cubed (or substitute an 11-ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest or peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened or sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
1. Drain pineapple chunks, and reserve 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice.
2. Add pineapple chunks, kiwi, strawberries, banana, and papaya or mango to large serving bowl.
3. Put 1/4 cup pineapple juice, lime peel, lime juice and honey in a 2-cup measure and whisk together until nicely blended. Drizzle over the salad, and toss to coat the fruits well. Sprinkle coconut over the top before serving, if desired.
About 7 cups
Per cup: 101 calories, 1.2 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 0.6 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 4 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 5%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter