Cranberry Turkey Salad
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 large red apple, cored and cut into small pieces
- 1 orange peeled and segmented (or use a small can of mandarin oranges)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Dressing Ingredients:
1 cup jellied whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1. In a medium bowl, combine turkey, apple pieces, cranberries, orange, and walnuts.
2. In a small bowl, mix cranberry sauce and orange juice concentrate.
3. Arrange lettuce leaves among four plates.
4. Just before serving gently toss turkey mixture with dressing.
5. Garnish with kiwi slices.
Per serving: Calories 398, protein 31 g, fat 5 g, percentage of calories from fat 11%, carbohydrates 59 g, cholesterol 70 mg, fiber 6 g, sodium 84 mg.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter