Three Bean Soup
- 1 can (28 oz) tomatoes, cut up, low sodium
- 3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black eyed peas, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 cup zucchini or celery, chopped
1. Combine first 13 ingredients.
2. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in vegetables and simmer covered for 10 minutes more.
Per serving: Calories 261, Fat 1 g, Calories from Fat 2%, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 10 g, Sodium 438 mg, Protein 14 g.
SOURCE: Produce for Better Health.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter