- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli (or 10-ounce pkg. frozen broccoli)
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash ground thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
1. Place vegetables and broth in saucepan.
2. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook until vegetables are tender (about 8 minutes).
3. Mix milk, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and thyme; add to cooked vegetables.
4. Cook, stirring constantly, until soup is lightly thickened and mixture just begins to boil. 5. Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until melted.
This is an official 5 A Day recipe.
4 servings. (1 cup each)
Per serving: calories 115, cholesterol 10 mg, sodium 255 mg, fat 3 g, calories from fat 24%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter