Tomato and Bean Burritos
- 3 tomatoes (large), approx. 2 1/2 lbs.
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/4 cups cooked red kidney beans or 1 (10 1/2 oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
1. Use tomatoes held at room temperature until fully ripe. Core tomatoes; coarsely chop (makes about 4 cups); set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan heat oil until hot.
3. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add chili powder and cumin; cook and stir for 1 minute.
5. Add kidney beans, 1/4 cup water, and reserved tomatoes; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes.
6. Stir in cilantro; remove from heat.
7. To serve: Spoon about 1/3 cup bean mixture in the center of each tortilla; roll up tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Per serving: Calories 372, Fat 9 g, Calories from Fat 21%, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 11 g, Sodium 620 mg, Protein 12 g.
SOURCE: : Frieda's, Inc./ Official 5 A Day recipe.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.