Pork Roast with Spicy Maple Glaze
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 cup light pancake syrup
- 4 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the bottom of a shallow roasting pan with canola cooking spray.
2. Put syrup, mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Place pork roast in a prepared roasting pan. Spread glaze evenly over the pork roast. Bake in oven until meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees (45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours). Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Per serving: 290 calories, 33 grams protein, 18 grams carbohydrate, 9 grams fat (3.2 grams saturated fat, 4.1 grams monounsaturated fat, 0.8 gram polyunsaturated fat), 87 milligrams cholesterol, 0.6 gram fiber, 515 milligrams sodium. Calories from fat: 29%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.