Dips & Spreads
- 4 oz 100% cranberry juice blend
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, sliced thin1
- 1/4 cup ripe medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup scallions (including green tops), sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, chopped fine
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (1 teaspoon)
- Fresh ground pepper, as desired
1. Place juice into a saucepan. Boil for about 5 minutes until reduced to about 1 tablespoon of syrup.
2. Place the reduced juice and all remaining ingredients into a medium bowl and stir until incorporated.
3. Chill and serve immediately.
*Fresh cranberries may be stored in your freezer for up to 1 year.
Per serving: Calories 40, Protein 0 g, Fat 0 g, Calories From Fat 0, Carbohydrates 8 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sodium 76 mg.
SOURCE: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Updated 2000.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter