Laporte-Obello Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 small slices sourdough bread
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons Maytag blue cheese
- 2 slices low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1. Slice mushrooms, red pepper, and onion into large strips.
2. Spray bottom of nonstick frying pan with olive oil cooking spray and saute vegetables until tender (about two minutes).
3. Assemble the sandwiches by spraying the outside of each slice of bread with olive oil cooking spray. Place one slice of low-fat Monterey Jack cheese on top of the bottom piece of bread. Add the mushroom, pepper, and onion mixture. Top with one tablespoon of crumbled blue cheese and the second slice of bread.
4. Grill sandwiches in a nonstick frying pan over moderate heat until golden brown, about two minutes on a side.
Per serving: 320 calories, 15 g protein, 43 g carbohydrate, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 30% Daily Value calcium, 720 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.