- 3 asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 slice white bread
1. Use good white bread with crust removed. Roll out bread with rolling pin and flatten.
2. Melt cheese in saucepan with milk, add a splash of Tabasco. Spread on bread and top with 1 or 2 asparagus spears.
3. Roll up, cut in half, and brush with melted butter if desired.
4. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes. Great to freeze.
Per serving: 190 calories, 12 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 30% Daily Value of calcium, 380 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors