Easy, Cheesy Calzone Recipe
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 16 ounces prepared pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella
- 3 cups cooked, chopped broccoli, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a baking sheet.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to form a 9"x14" rectangle, about 1/4" thick. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
4. Spread pizza sauce over half of the dough.
5. Sprinkle cheese over entire piece of dough to within half inch of all of the edges.
6. Layer broccoli on one half of the 14" side (the long side) of the dough.
7. Fold dough in half over the cheese and broccoli filling. Seal edges of the calzone by pressing with the tines of a fork. Prick top. Brush top with butter.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Per serving: 325 calories, 37 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 24% Daily Value of calcium, 681 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.