Chicken Breast with Ricotta and ParmesanPrep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 1/2 oz each)
- 1 cup low-fat Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Yukon gold potato, cooked, mashed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon each: parsley, marjoram, tarragon, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 quarts low sodium chicken broth
1. Make pocket in each chicken breast by slicing lengthwise through thickest portion; set aside.
2. Combine Ricotta cheese, potato, Parmesan cheese and herbs; mix until blended.
3. Place about 1/4 cup of stuffing mixture into each chicken breast.
4. Roll each breast into a log and wrap with plastic wrap, sealing each end to form a 'sausage'.
5. Bring chicken broth to a boil; reduce heat to simmer. Place chicken breasts in broth and gently simmer until firm, about 20 minutes.
6. Remove chicken breasts from broth.
7. Bring broth to boil and reduce to 4 cups.
8. Remove plastic wrap from each chicken breast. Slice and serve in broth.
Per serving: 255 calories, 37 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 24% Daily Value of calcium, 681 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.