Salad on a Stick with Honey Mustard and Cilantro Lime DressingPrep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup fresh vegetables, cut into 1-inch chunks (suggestions: bell peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, tomato (cherry or grape), radish, and mushrooms)
- 1-1 1/2 ounces of low-fat cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing (see 'Cold sauces' recipes)
- Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dressing (see 'Cold sauces' recipes)
1. Alternate vegetables and cheese cubes on skewer.
2. To create the salad, use leaf lettuce or spinach leaves and ribbon around vegetables.
Per serving of salad only:
90 calories, 11 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 20% Daily Value calcium, 260 mg sodium.
Per serving of honey mustard dressing only:
30 calories, 1 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 0.5 mg cholesterol, 4% Daily Value calcium, 240 mg sodium.
Per serving of cilantro lime dressing only:
16 calories, 1 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 g fat, 0.5 mg cholesterol, 5% Daily Value calcium, 70 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter