Creamy Banana Walnut OatmealPrep time: 3 minutes
- 1 cup fat-free skim or 1% low-fat milk
- 2 packets instant oatmeal
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped walnuts
1. In a small bowl, combine milk and packets of oatmeal.
2. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes until steaming hot but not boiling.
3. Stir until creamy.
4. Stir in mashed banana.
5. Garnish with walnuts and serve.
Per serving: 370 calories, 17 g protein, 61 g carbohydrate, 2.5 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 25% Daily Value of calcium, 10 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter