Cheddar and Ham MuffinsPrep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup low-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 3/4 cup reduced fat all-purpose baking mix
- 1 cup low-fat skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat ham, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix cheeses, milk, and baking mix together; add pepper and ham.
3. Mix well and spoon into lined muffin pans 1/2 full.
4. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Per Serving: 140 calories, 8 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 20% Daily Value of calcium, 470 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter