Fruit Juices and Beverages
Vanilla Iced MochaccinoPrep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 coffee cups of strong French roast coffee
- 2 cups of fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Brew 2 cups of French roast or espresso-style coffee and pour into a small saucepan with fat-free milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla extract; simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Let cool for 5 minutes; pour over ice in 2 large lidded cups and shake well before serving.
Note: This beverage can also be prepared warm. After simmering ingredients, blend with a handheld electric mixer to create a frothy top and carefully pour into coffee mugs.
Per serving: 130 calories, 9 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 30% Daily Value of calcium, 1 g fiber, 130 mg sodium.
SOURCE: National Dairy Council.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter