Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 cup cooked shrimp meat, rinsed and patted dry (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 pinches of paprika
1. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, and chili sauce in a medium bowl and whisk briefly to blend well.
2. Stir shrimp, red pepper, and chives into the dressing. Spoon the shrimp mixture into the avocado halves, and sprinkle lemon juice over the top of each.
3. Serve each avocado half on a bed of romaine lettuce (about 1 cup each). Dust the top of each shrimp-stuffed avocado half with a pinch of paprika.
Per serving: 239 calories, 13 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 14.5 g fat (2.6 g saturated fat, 9.7 g monounsaturated fat, 2.2 g polyunsaturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 206 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 53%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.