Toaster-Oven Pesto Salmon
- 1 1/4 pound salmon filet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tablespoons white wine (or substitute non-alcoholic beer)
- 2 tablespoons pesto (I like Armanino Farms® frozen pesto), thawed
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
1. Cover the toaster oven pan with foil, and then coat the foil with canola cooking spray. Place salmon filets, skin-side down, on the foil-lined pan.
2. Squeeze one of the lemon halves over the salmon, then drizzle the white wine over it. Let it marinate for 15 minutes while you preheat the toaster oven's broiler.
3. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of the pesto over each serving of salmon. Broil until fish flakes and flesh is opaque and light pink (about eight to 10 minutes per inch of thickness, depending on your toaster oven; cooking time was about 15 minutes total with my toaster oven). The pesto will form a nicely browned crust.
4. Cut the remaining lemon in thin slices. Garnish each salmon piece with toasted pine nuts (if desired) and a couple of lemon slices.
Per serving: 230 calories, 29 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 11 g fat (1.8 g saturated fat, 3 g monounsaturated fat, 3.6 g polyunsaturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 0.2 g fiber, 111 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 46%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.