Oatmeal-Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 5 tablespoons no-trans fat margarine (with around 8 grams of fat per tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons light or fat-free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Splenda®
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (1 large egg can be substituted)
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 6 tablespoons white flour (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped Hershey's® Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Candy (mini bars) or Chocolate Candy (mini bars)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat cookie sheets with canola cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, cream together no-trans margarine, cream cheese, brown sugar, and Splenda®. Add egg substitute or egg and beat well.
3. Add flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla to butter mixture and beat until well blended. Stir in sugar-free chocolate chunks and oats. Blend thoroughly.
4. Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto cookie sheet (about 15 cookies per cookie sheet). Bake in center of oven for about 6 minutes or until cookies are still soft but lightly browned. Remove cookies and let cool on wire rack.
5. About 15 mini bars cut into 1/2-inch chunks with a knife.
Per cookie: 60 calories, 1.5 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 2.8 g fat (1.2 g saturated fat, 1 g monounsaturated fat, 0.5 g polyunsaturated fat), 1.5 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 83 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 42%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.