Dips & Spreads
Mango Papaya SalsaThis is a wonderful tropical salsa that goes well with chicken or fish. It even tastes great served on reduced-fat tortilla chips.
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, gently toss mango, papaya, and red bell pepper, avocado, sweet onion, cilantro, and balsamic vinegar.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve (it works well to chill for at least 30 minutes).
3. Serve with broiled or grilled fish or chicken breast (skinless) or reduced-fat tortilla chips.
Per serving: 84 calories, 1 g protein, 12.6 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat (0.7 g saturated fat, 2.5 g monounsaturated fat, 0.5 g polyunsaturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 5 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 40%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter