Blackberry Spinach Salad
This salad has so much flavor that the only dressing you'll need is a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- 4 cups baby spinach, rinsed and dried (comes in packages this way), packed measure
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (thawed blackberries can also be used)
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese (or reduced-fat or regular feta cheese)
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (chopped ripe tomatoes can be substituted)
- 1 large or 2 small green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts or walnut pieces
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (add more to taste)
1. Add spinach, blackberries, cheese, cherry tomatoes, green onion, and walnuts to a large serving bowl. Toss to blend well.
2. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve into 4 salad bowls.
Per serving: 167 calories, 7 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate, 7 g fat (3.2 g saturated fat, 1.6 g monounsaturated fat, 1.8 g polyunsaturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 129 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 37%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.