Pan Fried Cabbage
- 3 slices Louis Rich® Turkey Bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 head of cabbage, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 cup low-sodium beef or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar or Splenda®
- Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
1. Add turkey bacon strips to a large nonstick frying pan and cook over medium heat until crisp. Remove strips to a paper towel to cool. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
2. Add the onions to the pan with any turkey bacon drippings (there won't be much), and cook over medium heat until lightly browned (four minutes).
3. Add cabbage, broth, and sugar to the frying pan with onions. Cover pan and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover and cook until cabbage wilts and broth is almost evaporated (about five minutes more), stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in turkey bacon pieces and vinegar. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 78 calories, 5 g protein, 7.5 g carbohydrate, 3.4 g fat (0.9 g saturated fat, 1.3 g monounsaturated fat, 0.9 g polyunsaturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 2.2 g fiber, 225 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 38%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors