Veggie Stir Fry
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/3 cup broccoli florets
- 1 1/3 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 1/3 cup carrot slices, cut at the diagonal
- 1/3 cup low sodium vegetable broth (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon minced or chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (or 1/8 teaspoon powdered)
- 2 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water.
1. Heat large, nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil, turning the pan to coat well. Add the vegetables and saute for a minute.
2. Add in the vegetable broth, garlic, and ginger, and toss to blend. Cook about four minutes, stirring constantly. Add more vegetable broth if more moisture is needed.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low, push the vegetables to one side of the frying pan, and stir in the soy sauce and cornstarch mixture. Heat and stir until thickened (about a minute). Stir in the vegetables to coat with the sauce.
Per serving: 67 calories, 3 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 2.7 g fat (0.4 g saturated fat, 0.9 g monounsaturated fat, 1.1 g polyunsaturated fat), 0.4 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 129 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 33%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.