Sunshine SaladYou'll get plenty of vitamin A and C, from the spinach, oranges, and strawberries, when you have a serving of this salad.
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup orange segments or sliced nectarines or peaches (peeled)
- 1 cup fresh sliced or halved strawberries
- 4 tablespoons 'lite' or reduced-calorie Italian dressing or lite raspberry vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
1. Toss first four ingredients together.
2. Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top.
3. Spoon into four salad bowls and enjoy!
Per serving: 96 calories, 3 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat (0.2 g saturated fat, 0.4 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 135 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 28%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter