Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter or canola margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup light molasses
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch-flavored morsels (butterscotch chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl.
3. Beat butter, honey, brown sugar, egg and molasses in large mixer bowl until fluffy and creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in butterscotch chips.
4. Use cookie scoop to drop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto baking sheets that have been coated with canola cooking spray. Press dough down with fingers or palms to lightly flatten.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned but still soft. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
32 large cookies
Per serving: 138 calories, 1.3 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 0.5 g fiber, 144 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 35%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.