Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Torta
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, divided (fat-free cream cheese can be substituted and will reduce the fat grams about 5 grams per serving)
- 1/3 cup store-bought pesto (I like Armanino® pesto in the frozen section)
- 1/2 cup well-drained, oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/8 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
1. Add half (4 ounces) of light cream cheese and 1/3 cup of pesto to small mixing bowl. Beat on LOW speed until blended very well.
2. Add sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and remaining light cream cheese (4 ounces) to a small food processor and pulse until mixture is well blended.
3. Line a 2-3 cup souffle dish (or similar) with plastic wrap (enough so plenty is hanging over the sides). Spread half of the pesto mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared dish. Top with half of the sun-dried tomato mixture, then the remaining pesto mixture. Then spread the remaining sun-dried tomato mixture evenly on top of the final pesto layer. Cover the torta well with the plastic wrap hanging outside the souffle dish. Chill in refrigerator overnight (can be made 2 days ahead).
4. When ready to serve, unwrap the top of the torta, then invert torta onto a serving platter. Peel off plastic completely. Garnish the top with basil sprigs and toasted pine nuts if desired. Serve with baguette slices and/or crackers.
6 appetizer servings
Per serving (not including bread or crackers): 150 calories, 5.5 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat, 4 g monounsaturated fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 337 mg sodium.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.