Cinna-Nilla Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe
- 4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups Splenda® (powdered sugar can be substituted)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup fat-free French vanilla nondairy creamer (or use regular fat-free nondairy creamer and add 2 tablespoons pure vanilla powder -- it's near the extracts in most supermarkets)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon (just leave it out if you don't like cinnamon)
1. Add dry milk powder, Splenda® (or powdered sugar), cocoa powder, non-dairy creamer, and cinnamon to an extra large bowl and stir to blend ingredients well.
2. Use a flexible mat or funnel to gently pour the hot cocoa mix into empty pint jars (filling them about 3/4-inch from the top) and decorate the jars with ribbon, bows, or fabric rounds.
3. Add 1/3 cup of cocoa mix to 3/4 cup of boiling water.
This recipe makes enough hot cocoa mix to fill about 4, 1-pint jars.
Per cup of prepared hot cocoa: 70 calories, 4.5 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, 0.5 g fat (0.3 g saturated fat, 0.2 g monounsaturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 1.2 g fiber, 68 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 6%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter