Spiced Apple Cider
- 62-ounce bottle apple cider
- 1 large apple (green or red)
- About 30 cloves
- About 3 cinnamon sticks
1. Add the apple cider to a slow cooker and begin heating it on HIGH.
2. Cut the top and bottom off of the apple and cut what's left into 1/2-inch slices widthwise. Use a dinner knife to carve out the center portion of each slice (the part with the seeds). Poke the sharp end of the cloves into the apple slices (about 8 per slice). Add the spiced apple slices to the apple cider.
3. Add the cinnamon sticks.
4. After the cider is nice and hot, you can turn the slow cooker to LOW and let simmer for hours or until needed.
8 servings of 8 ounces each.
Per serving: 104 calories, 0.1 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0.2 fiber, 6 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 2%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.