Refreshing Blended Drinks (smoothies, milkshakes)
Strawberries and Cream SmoothieYou can enjoy this smoothie with a spoon or a straw -- it's delicious. You can stir in a tablespoon of ground flaxseed, too.
- 1/2 cup Light Cherry Vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup light vanilla ice cream or low-fat frozen yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
1. Add all the ingredients to a blender or small food processor and pulse until smooth and completely blended.
2. Pour into 1 glass and enjoy.
Per smoothie: 233 calories, 9.5 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fat (2.6 g saturated fat, 1 g monounsaturated fat, 0.5 g polyunsaturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 3.2 g fiber, 134 mg sodium, 180% Daily Value of vitamin C, 40% Daily Value of calcium, 26% Daily Value of folate. Calories from fat: 18%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter