Refreshing Blended Drinks (smoothies, milkshakes)
Peanut Butter Cup Shake
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate ice milk (or similar light chocolate frozen yogurt or ice cream)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 cups ice cubes
1. Add all ingredients to your blender or large food processor.
2. Blend on highest speed until smooth, about 10 seconds. Scrape sides of blender and turn on blender for 5 seconds more.
3. Pour into three glasses and enjoy!
Per shake: 163 calories, 8 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 7.5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 71 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 39%.
SOURCE: Magee,E. the HRT-free Cookbook, Avery, June 2003
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter