Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Healthy Request® Cream of Celery soup, condensed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) reduced fat grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream (light can also be used)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 30 ounces (or 2 lb.) bag of frozen, shredded hash brown potatoes, unthawed
- 1 ounce regular or reduced-fat potato chips, crushed into coarse crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with canola cooking spray.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl and stir to blend well; stir in the hash browns.
3. Spread into prepared baking dish and bake about 1 hour. Sprinkle top of casserole evenly with potato chip crumbs and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 5-10 minutes.
Pr serving: 186 calories, 8 g protein, 24.5 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat (3.3 g saturated fat, 0.3 g monounsaturated fat, 0.7 g polyunsaturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 392 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 29%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter