Appetizers & Snacks
Low-Fat Microwave Crispix Mix
- 7 cups Crispix® cereal
- 1/2 cup Planters® reduced-fat peanuts
- 1 1/2-2 cups pretzels
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Smart Balance® margarine (or similar), melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Combine cereal, peanuts, and pretzels in large, microwave-safe bowl.
2. Stir together margarine, maple syrup, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in 2 cup measure. Gently drizzle mixture over cereal mixture and stir until cereal is coated well.
Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes (you may need to microwave longer depending on your microwave), stirring after 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
Per serving: 164 calories, 3 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 3.4 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 372 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 18%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter