Funny Face Omelet
- 1 egg OR 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- Canola cooking spray
- 1/8 cup shredded, reduced-fat cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Possible toppings:
- Reduced-fat pepperoni slices
- Lean ham slices
- Zucchini slices
- Tomato slices
- Green pepper slices
- Sliced olives
- Avocado slices
Cut your topings into different shapes using a plastic knife, and put them in a shallow bowl or plate. The cut shapes will be used later to make eyes, eyebrows, a nose, and a mouth.
1.Crack the egg into a medium bowl. Add 1/2 tablespoon water and blend well with a whisk or fork.
2. An adult can begin heating a small, 8-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat. After 2 minutes of warming, coat the bottom of the pan with canola cooking spray.
3. Pour the beaten egg into the frying pan, set the timer to 1 minute and 30 seconds, and cover the pan. After the timer goes off, remove the lid. If the top looks cooked, an adult can slide the omelet.
4. Use the different-shaped toppings to make eyes, eyebrows, a nose, and a mouth on the top side of the omelet. Use grated cheese to add hair around the edge of the face. Microwave on HIGH for 30-60 seconds to heat the meat and vegetables and melt the cheese (if desired).
1 small omelet
Per small omelet (including 1 egg, 1/8 cup zucchini slices, 1/2 tomato, 1 tablespoon green pepper, and 1/8 cup shredded, reduced-fat cheese): 131 calories, 11 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 7.5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 220 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 143 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 51%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.