Amish Wheat Bread
- 1 cup warm water (110°F)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
1. Add first five ingredients to bread machine pan starting with water, sugar, oil, and flours. Make a well in the center of the flour and add the yeast and salt to the flour in a corner of the machine.
2. Turn the machine to DOUGH cycle if you want to add the dough after the first rise to your own pan for the second rise (to bake in your own oven). Otherwise set your machine to whatever baking cycle you prefer.
Makes 1 9 x 5-inch loaf (12 slices).
Per slice: 135 calories, 4 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate, 1.6 g fat (0.1 g saturated fat, 0.7 g monounsaturated fat, 0.5 g polyunsaturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 2.4 g fiber, 90 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 10%.
SOURCE: Magee,E. the HRT-free Cookbook, Avery, June 2004
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.