Appetizers & Snacks
Pretzel PotpourriThis snack is like Chex® Party mix without all the hype. There's a little of everything in this mixture: that irrepressible pretzel flavor, a taste of cheese, a boost of bran, and the crunchy savory surprise of a roasted soybean every now and then. Although dry roasted soybeans contain seven times the omega-6s compared with omega-3s, it still has a better omega profile than many other types of nuts (for example, pistachio nuts have 100 times more omega-6s than omega-3s, and peanuts have 6,000 times more omega-6s than omega-3s).
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1 cup reduced fat Cheez-Its®
- 1 cup Multi-Bran Chex® cereal (or similar)
- 1/2 cup roasted soybeans (original or any other flavor)
1. TOSS: Add all of the ingredients to a half-gallon or gallon-size resealable bag, seal it well, and toss the ingredients to blend.
2. GO: Take it with you on your road trip for a healthful, flavorful, high-fiber snack!
7 (1/2 cup) servings.
Per serving: 129 calories, 7 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat (0.8 g saturated fat), 0.5 mg cholesterol, 2.5 g fiber, 245 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 27%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter