Insalata Caprese (Pasta Salad)
- 4 cups cooked whole-grain pasta blend, cooled
- 2 cups ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, cut or torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 16 slices reduced-fat salami, quartered (optional)
1. Place all the ingredients in a medium serving bowl and toss to blend well.
2. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Per serving: 360 calories, 19 g protein, 42 g carbohydrate, 14 g fat (5.5 g saturated fat, 7.1 g monounsaturated fat, 1.2 g polyunsaturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 195 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 35%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.