Insalata Caprese (Pasta Salad)If you boil the pasta in the morning, drain, and let chill in the refrigerator, all you have to do is toss the ingredients together and dinner is served!
- 4 cups cooked whole-grain pasta blend, cooled
- 2 cups ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, cut or torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 16 slices reduced-fat salami, quartered (optional)
1. Place all the ingredients in a medium serving bowl and toss to blend well.
2. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Per serving: 360 calories, 19 g protein, 42 g carbohydrate, 14 g fat (5.5 g saturated fat, 7.1 g monounsaturated fat, 1.2 g polyunsaturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 195 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 35%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Quick GuideCooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Daily Health News
Recipes and Cooking Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter