Cranberry Eggnog Quick Bread
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup white sugar (Splenda® can be substituted)
- 1 cup light eggnog (from carton), soy eggnog is now available and can be substituted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (washed and well drained and bad cranberries thrown out)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat loaf pans with canola cooking spray.
2. Beat egg and egg substitute in large bowl. Blend in sugar, eggnog, canola oil, rum, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Mix dry ingredients into eggnog mixture; beat on low just to moisten dry ingredients. Gently stir in cranberries.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Bake until fork or tester inserted in center comes out clean (about 50-60 minutes for 1 large loaf, 40-50 minutes for 2 medium sized loaves, or 35-40 minutes for 3 mini-loaves). Cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator.
Makes two 8x3 3/4-inch loaves, one 9x5-inch loaf, or three 5 3/4x 3 1/4-inch loaves, or about 20 servings
Per serving: 135 calories, 3 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate, 3.5 g fat (0.5 g saturated fat, 1.8 g monounsaturated fat, 0.9 g polyunsaturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 118 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 24%
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.