Deluxe Boxed Stuffing
- 1 box chicken flavor or sourdough bread stuffing mix (6 ounce box)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon minced or chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter or no- or low-trans-fat margarine
- 1 3/4 cup water
1. Add butter, onion, celery, and garlic to a medium, nonstick saucepan and saute over medium heat, stirring frequently, until onion lightly browns (about 4 minutes).
2. Pour in the seasoning packet and 1 3/4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes.
3. Remove saucepan from heat, add the bread crumbs, and stir to moisten. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve!
Makes 6 servings (if you want to make a larger amount, double or triple the recipe ingredients and use a large, nonstick saucepan)
Per serving: 152 calories, 3.5 g protein, 22.5 g carbohydrate, 4.8 g fat, 2.4 g saturated fat (if using butter), 10 mg cholesterol (if using butter), 1.5 g fiber, 485 mg sodium.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.