Feb. 21, 2000 (San Francisco) -- If you use smokeless tobacco, you should see a doctor immediately upon experiencing any of these symptoms, according to the American Academy of Otolaryngology:
- A sore in your mouth that bleeds easily and doesn't heal
- A lump or thickening anywhere in the mouth or neck
- Any soreness or swelling in your mouth that doesn't go away
- A red or white patch in your mouth that doesn't go away
- Difficulty chewing, swallowing, or moving your tongue or jaw
©1996-2005 WebMD Inc. All rights reserved.