- The time you went to bed and woke up
- How long and well you slept
- When you were awake during the night
- How much caffeine or alcohol you consumed and when
- What/when you ate and drank
- What emotion or stress you had
- What drugs or medications you took
Here is an example of a sleep diary. Print it out and use it or create your own sleep diary.
Duration of sleep:
Number of times awake at night:
Quality of sleep:
|Caffeine consumption and time consumed||Alcohol consumption and time consumed||Food/drink consumption and time consumed||Emotions/ stress||Medications|
Reviewed by The Sleep Medicine Center at The Cleveland Clinic.
Edited by Michael J. Breus, PhD, WebMD, September 2004.
Portions of this page © The Cleveland Clinic 2000-2005