Monozygous twins

What Kind of Doctor Do I Need? Slideshow

Medical Definition of Monozygous twins

Monozygous twins: Identical twins. They are called monozygous because they originate from a single fertilized egg (zygote).

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter

By clicking Submit, I agree to the MedicineNet's Terms & Conditions & Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of MedicineNet's subscriptions at any time.

Reviewed on 7/1/2016

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors