Latest Infectious Disease News
- Doctors': Antibiotics Can Be for Shorter Periods
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Songbirds & Feeders
- Sabra Classic Hummus Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ebola Survivor May Have Started Latest Outbreak -- 5 Years Later
- Chicken Coops Pose Threat of 'Viral Spillover'
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
MONDAY, Jan. 6, 2020 (HealthDay News) -- Dozens of people in China have contracted a mysterious infectious disease.
At least 44 people in the mainland Chinese city of Wuhan have been infected with a viral pneumonia, and eight possible cases have been reported in Hong Kong, the Associated Press reported.
Wuhan is west of Shanghai and about 570 miles north of Hong Kong.
The outbreak began last month and has triggered comparisons to the 2002-2003 SARS epidemic that started in southern China and killed more than 700 people on the mainland, in Hong Kong and in other countries, the AP reported.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.